Holy crap!
I've been logging in and reading some posts, but where have I been?
Well, as I last mentioned, Jetta and I have been taking a break from dressage. I've had our dressage gear on, and have been doing a little, but no lessons and no arenas....trails only. :)
Several weeks ago, the remnants of Hurricane Ike came through OHIO, yep Ohio, and gave us a heck of a wind storm. In fact, 44 out of the 48 counties in Ohio were declared disaster areas, and that included my county. We were lucky, and only lost power for 2 days, while there were many many others that lost it for much longer. You know, it's amazing what you come to depend on with power, and what you have to do in its absence. The barn where I have Jetta was without power as well, for 11 days! No power meant no well = no water, and no fences. There are 40 stalls, each with 2 5-gallon water buckets that needed to be filled every day. There are 10 pastures, each with 60-gallon tanks that also needed to be filled daily. We all came together and went to each other's homes with 30-gallon tanks to refill, and fill again, and fill again and again and again.....But., we made it through!!!
The other thing keeping me from posting here is that my work has restricted all internet access to non-work related items being off limits. I received a strong warning, and am not willing to risk it again. When I get home, often the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer again! Sorry!
Okay, fast forward to now.
This past weekend was gorgeous!!! Sunny, clear, bright, and 70degrees in November! Jetta and I continued to be trail girls for the weekend. I promise we'll get back to dressage seriously again soon, but until then we are just having fun! The vet was out and did xrays during normal fall vaccines....at my request. She did a full set of the front feet, knees and right shoulder. Last year she discovered that Jetta has the very beginnings of high ringbone, and since it had been a year, I asked for another set to evaluate. The good news???? She has had not even 1mm of progression!!!! My vet says she has 1 other horse that has had no progression, and how rare it is. My fear was that all the strain of dressage might encourage that ringbone to progress, but it's the exact opposite! I also got the all clear in that shoulder she injured back in the blizzard of March 1st. (Hmmm, interesting weather here, huh? Blizzard in Ohio on March 1st and hurricane in Ohio in September!) So, we've got the all clear from the chiro, the massage therapist, and the vet....and my barn owner has been convincing me that Jetta and I seriously need to go on a fox hunt with them. I'm seriously considering!
So, sorry it's taken so long to post! Jetta and I are still here, we're just having fun trail riding 2-3 times a week! :)
2 comments:
Ohio's Ike was crazy, wasn't it??? And that weather last week! Ohio weather is making me crazy this month. My barn didn't lose power, but we lost it for almost four days (7 miles away even). Jetta looks great, she's so pretty!
And you can blame me for the March blizzard, I was supposed to look at a horse that I *really* liked, so we had a blizzard to keep me from looking at her because she really wouldn't have been a good thing.
Wow sounds like you've had an interesting month. I'm glad you weren't too badly affected by Hurricane Ike. We never get anything like that here.
Post a Comment