Monday, May 3, 2010

All Settled In

We are moved!  :) 

I took Friday off to move not only Jetta to her new place, but also a friend of mine's mare to another facility.  I was exhausted by Friday night, but it was all so worth it!  Friday dawned gorgeous and sunny, the first of many "signs" that this was indeed the right move.  I arrived early to see if any of the tires on my truck or trailer needed air - nope.  Loaded all my stuff without incident.  My friend arrived and instead of being way behind as normal, we were both sitting around waiting as I had told new BO that I wouldn't be there until 11.  Finally loaded Jetta without incident.  Travelled to the new barn, Jetta travelled like a dream, and then calmly unloaded at the new barn...where she was immediately met with ooo's and ahhhh's, and "how cute is she" and so forth.  I realized at that moment that I should've gone out before I brought Jetta to be sure the stall was prepared correctly for her.  Imagine my surprise to walk her to her stall to find it lined very deeply with fresh, fluffy shavings.  After I got her settled I took a broom in intending to get down any cobwebs or dust...only to find that there were none.  Even her large window in her stall was clean!  Talk about attention to detail!  I started unloading my stuff and asked which tack room to head towards....they put me in the biggest (and best!) with plenty of room to spread out.  :) 

I was out at the barn all weekend long, checking on her...all went so incredibly smoothly!  I can't believe that Jetta took the move so easily - she truly is a rock star!  The best part is that I decided to ride a little last night, and she was as sound as could be!  Shoes come on tomorrow....I'm hoping we can move forward with dressage after that. 

The absolute best part of this new barn (besides the excellent facility, beyond fantastic care, and great people) is that it's literally less than 5 minutes from my house!  It was so awesome to not have that 30-40 minute one-way trek through countless stoplights and endless traffic anymore!  The bonus also is that I am back on partial care (the only way I'm truly happy, but it couldn't happen when she was so far away) which means that I am interacting with my girl on a daily basis.  Even with just the past 3 days of daily grooming, her coat is just a shinin' already!  :)  I'll have to take pics of her in her new digs.

1 comment:

Britnie said...

This is SO GREAT to hear! Sounds like you couldnt ask for more! Cant wait to see pics!