Life has been crazy lately. We were gone for almost 2 weeks in Emerald Isle, NC for vacation - and may I say that I would happily live there for the rest of my life. And while there weren't horses on the island, I saw signs for boarding just minutes away on the mainland. :) I'm not sure I could convince the hubster to move that far away, but I would be in heaven! And, they open the beaches in the "off season" so that I could ride on them!

In regards to the horses - I'm happy to report that I've been riding Jetta lately! We were all concerned with how, err, portly she had become. I have been instructed to ride her lightly once a week or so, and I'm so happy to obey. It truly is heaven to be back on her back....yesterday afternoon the heat and humidity cut out and I had a wonderful ride. She even wanted to canter, so I let her! I couldn't be more happy with where I have her boarded, to the point that I wonder if I could get my gelding in there if they ever have a stall open. Here is a picture they sent me while I was on vacation....she doesn't look that bad! The problem is that you can't see how wide she is. lol

As for Farno, I've been to see him since I got back, but too busy to ride. I plan to remedy that this weekend - and start back lessons again. The thing is that I've been focusing on myself lately, trying to get this weight off and get healthy. I've made enough excuses for it, and the sad thing is that I actually lost weight while on vacation. Not because I was eating super healthy, but because I wasn't snacking in between and we were always outside walking, playing in the rough surf, etc. The point is that I was way more active than I am at home. Now, there's not much I can do about my sit-at-the-computer-job, but I am making changes at home. I took a Zumba class on Tuesday, and OMG!!!! That was an AWESOME work out and I loved it! My instructor told me that she has been amazed at the amount of weight her students have lost and she thinks I'll be very happy with it. We'll see.
2 comments:
oh wow Jetta looks great and how awesome to be able to ride her. Glad the holiday was good and good for you getting into Zumba. That is serious training that stuff!!!.Look forward to seeing photos of you and Farno out and about!
I've been on that pier! :)
Glad to hear all is well with the ponies, even if one of them is a little plump. LOL
Have a great weekend with Farno!
Post a Comment