Monday, November 12, 2012

Sunrise and Ponies

I work at my barn 3 weekends a month.  In exchange for my work, I get almost free board (I pay $50 a month).  Hey, for a facility that charges $500 a month, I'll gladly work it off!  I've talked about it before, but my barn is super private - no signs, no advertising, and you can't see anything from the road.  150+ acres and only 11 horses total can be there.  Right now we have 2 open stalls (we NEVER have open stalls, but my friend moved across country with her 2 horses and the BOs have yet to call anyone on their list), so only 9 horses.  Mornings usually take me 1.5 hours and evenings around 45 minutes.  Not a bad gig for $150/weekend!  (I just did the math, and I get around $33/hour - I would LOVE to just quit my job and do it full time...except no benefits)  Sure, I could go somewhere much cheaper, but around here you definitely get what you pay for - and this place is super cheap for what they offer.  Miles of groomed/manicured trails, massive outdoor arena with rubber chip footing, huge indoor with dust-free footing, and large field turnouts all with their own spacious sheds....and no more than 2 or 3 horses in each field. 

Anyway, this weekend was GORGEOUS here - highs in the low 70s and sunny.  I even put up my outside Christmas lights!  You might have to actually open the pictures - but this was my view yesterday morning.  







































I'm a lucky girl.  :)

1 comment:

sally said...

you sure are lucky .....the dust free riding surface sounds like heaven!!!