Monday, February 1, 2010

2.2 more pounds lost....5.9 total! 

Woohoo!

I realized yesterday that I need to be tracking measurements as well, so I will do that tonight.  The main reason is that my jeans are literally falling off of me!  5.9 pounds isn't enough for that to happen.  Also, my scrubs at work used to catch on my belly, but they no longer do that anymore.  So, that means that my stomach, hips, and thighs are losing in terms of inches....which actually means more to me than pounds when I really stop and think about it. 

On a whim I decided to measure my calves just to see what's happening there...down an inch!  How is that possible?!?!  My calves used to be an abnormal 19" around (yea, good luck finding tallboots for that!), but yesterday I measured and they are actually a little less than 18" now at the widest part. 

I'm starting to see results, and now I'm even more motivated than ever!!!!! 

Jetta is doing well.  She's happy, which is the point.  But, I'm not.  The search goes on.....I actually found a barn that I want to be in desperately, but they are full.  I think I made a pretty good impression on the owners, though, so hopefully something will open up soon.  It became clear to me this weekend just how involved I am in Jetta's health and well-being, and how little I trust others to really and truly monitor her.  So, I have to get back to partial care, and the place I just mentioned is partial care and less than 5 miles from my house!  It has everything I want and need, and is just really nice.  Please keep your fingers crossed that I get a phone call soon!!!!

2 comments:

Britnie said...

GO YOU! Thats great news! I agree, inches lost def means more then pounds!

That new barn sounds perfect, and SO CLOSE. I hope your phone rings with good news soon!

Brooke (FBX Adventures - In Parenting) said...

Good luck! I know that feeling of trying to find a barn. I finally am at a barn that I feel 100% confident that Denali will be safe, happy, and healthy.

As for the weight loss, congrats! I'm trying to do the same thing. Not as successful!! :)

www.wildponybeast.blogspot.com

p.s. Your horse is a beauty!!