Thursday, January 28, 2010

Update!

It's been a busy week or so! 

So, a couple of days after Jetta's workout I posted about below, I got back on her and she was lame at a trot.  :(  Fine at a walk, and we worked on some lateral stuff before I even asked for the trot.  As soon as I did, big head bob.  DANG IT!  I guess that's her answer to the question of whether or not she can do dressage again.  I gave her bute, put linament on her shoulder, and turned her back out.  The next day my friend reported that she was trotting around without the slightest indication of soreness.  The horses were in on Sunday due to a ton of rain, so my friend and I turned our mares out in the indoor arena.  I urged them to move along, and Jetta actually took a nice trot both ways without any limping or head bobbing.  She also snorted real big, grabbed a massive canter, and took off...only to slam the brakes on near the gate.  She was moving fine!  What the heck?!?!  Maybe I just did too much that day and she was sore?  I have no clue.  She starts a new supplement in a couple of days, SmartTLC.  It's aimed at getting rid of inflammation in the body, so I'm hoping that it combined with the Acetyl-Glucosamine injections will keep her sound and happy.  Is she gonna do dressage again?  Probably not.  As sad as that makes me, I know that I can still do it...just not with my partner.

Still doing well with the weight loss.  I lost 2 more pounds last week.  Yay!  Kind of been slacking off in the workout department.  Well, I've been doing Pilates, but nothing much more than running up the 4 flights of stairs repeatedly where I work for aerobics.  I did an aerobic video last night, and I realized 2 things. 1. I need to get a GOOD pair of work out shoes.  The ones I have now definitely get an F.  2. My left knee is messed up.  Ugh.  The high impact aerobics just aren't going to work...same with all the lunges.  So, I've already started looking into low-impact routines that get good results.  My question is this: why on earth is weight so much harder to take off than put on?!?!?!

No comments: