Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 3 Workout: FAIL

So, Jillian Michaels ass kicking Monday and Tuesday caught up with me yesterday.  I really and truly had every intention of working out again, but my quads were so sore and tight all day that I decided to take a break.  Add to that I was also exhausted from staying up way too damn late the night before.  So, tonight it's back to it.  I started to feel pretty guilty about not working out until I realized that most trainers recommend a day off in between hard work outs.  Thankfully my quads today are not sore at all, so Jillian gets another shot at me tonight. 

The good news is that even though the workout was a bust, I did stick right to plan this eating-wise yesterday. 

My boss, the ultra-health surgeon, comes in this morning with an embarrassed little smile on his face.  He says "my daughter is selling Girl Scout Cookies."  lol!  Ugh, as much as I want to help her, I just can't bring them into the house.  I will gain 10 pounds just looking.

OH!  Speaking of cookies.  I am a HUGE fan of ice cream, especially cookie-dough ice cream.  I have been a little depressed about giving it up, although it's for the best since I could eat an entire half gallon if I really tried.  Anyway, I was at the store yesterday and happened to see that Weight Watchers has in their line of desserts a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundae!  I could've danced in the aisle!  I brought several home and tried it out last night - freaking awesome!!!!

I'm a happy girl today.

2 comments:

EcoLicious Equestrian said...

good for you for sticking to the food plan..i can't get off the eat-whatever-you-can-it's-xmas wagon..

Anonymous said...

Stick to cookie dough protein bars instead!

Rest is hard to do sometimes. Your body will thank you though with quicker recovery. It's even harder to do when you're not sore. With all my running I have to remind myself that the days I am running this week adds up to over 30 miles and rest days are IMPORTANT. 30 plus miles is good ENOUGH. I even inadvertently added 3 more this morning when I had to take the FIP people running (people that can't pass their PT test). This is my long run day too, I still have to do 13 miles this evening. FIP runs so slow though (no offense to them they're busting their butts, good on 'em) that it was barely a warm up run for me.