My friend took pictures yesterday for me, but I won't have them til tonight or tomorrow...and I bought the dvd of both my rides but none of the video hosting sites recognize the format so I'll have to take it into work tomorrrow and change that.
So.....
It was AWESOME!!!!
Jetta was a complete rockstar, I am so proud of her. First test was Intro A. I have to say, it was very surreal to hear us announced and to ride into that ring the first time. I managed to block most everything out during the test, but my heart soared when I heard the reaction of the onlookers when we entered the ring. :)
My goal for the day was 55% on both tests. First test we got......59.5% SAWEETTTT! We got some 7's on movements, a lot of 6's and one or two 5's. We even placed 6th in the class of 13!
Second test was not near as good. I felt it as soon as we entered the ring. I wasn't near as focused and as a result, neither was Jetta. She was obedient to a point, and we made it through the pattern, but major issues with bend. That class was HUGE, like 21 riders, so we didn't place but we DID get a 55.5%! So, even on a test that I felt was really bad, we still did respectably...5's and 6's on all movements. When I watched the video, I realized I was on the wrong diagonal most of that second test...yea, I wasn't really paying any attention.
I am so proud of Jetta! She was awesome, and really came through for me!
Thanks for all the good lucks and well wishes, we had an awesome day! Next show is this coming Saturday - woo hoo! I promise, I will post pics here ASAP!
4 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so happy for the both of you!
I've only done a couple of dressage tests in my day, but I didn't get a 55 on either of them... of course I wasn't riding a big, beautiful girl like Jetta either! More like a 14.2 hand Morgan/QH with big floppy ears... he was a great horse, though, just not cut out for dressage. :)
Anyway, back to you and Jetta... awesome job! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Is the next show going to be pretty much the same as this one?
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics! Another show this weekend??!?! How fun!
Congrats to both of you!!
Can't wait to see pictures!
AWESOME!! I knew yall would do great, you should feel so proud and accomplished! Cant wait for pics! And vids!
Post a Comment