Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Showed AGAIN!!!!

Jetta and I showed again this past Saturday! This was our first away show, but the barn was literally 5 minute trailer ride away. I seriously could've ridden her there! lol Anyway, we did really well. The scores on our first test weren't as good, but we did get 55% (down from 59.5%) - which still makes me happy as that was my original goal for a score and this was our first away show. Our second test was much improved! 58.5% and we even got 2 8's on it (up from 55.5%)!!!! Both tests had comments such as "NICE!", "Great transition", "Gorgeous halt" and so forth. I still can't believe we got 2 8's!!! The first test we did not place, but we were right in the middle of the pack in scores. The second test we tied for 6th! SWEET! And now....pictures!

(I'm hoping these do not get cut in half!)
Warm Up:
Photobucket

Ready to enter at A:
Photobucket

Enter Trot, Halt thru Medium Walk:
Photobucket

Lots of trotting:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Free walk:
Photobucket

My girl!
Photobucket

This is what I did with her mane this time, instead of a french braid. This came from my days of WP showing, a basketweave with bands. I got lots of compliments on it!
Photobucket

Trotting down the centerline for final halt of Test B:
Photobucket

Getting all the "good girls" that she definitely deserves:
Photobucket

Taking a break between classes:
Photobucket

Last one, my absolute favorite to date. I will be printing 16x20 of this one. lol! It just makes me so happy to see all of our hard work starting to pay off...and the fact that this horse decided to do this because all I had to do is ask. I love her!
Photobucket

Anyway, all in all it was a great day. Jetta was a total champ with loading and trailering, as usual...but she was so much better than I ever thought she'd be in a totally foreign atmosphere and yet still having to concentrate on what I was asking of her. She was a TOTAL rockstar, and I just fall more and more in love with her each time.

Oh, but WAIT! The best moment of the day was when my horse was running loose all over the place. Yea, no pics of that as we were all in a state of panic. My great friend Diana came with me to help me out (and it was her trailer that I borrowed) and she was holding Jetta in the shade while I ran over to get something to eat. The next thing I knew, Jetta had ripped away from her and was pounding down towards the trailer (in a field with an OPEN GATE to the busy road) at full speed. Halter on and lead flying under her feet. Complete potential for disaster. Luckily, I saw it happening and took off at dead run (hard to do with dress boots on, I might add!) with others who saw it as well. We got the gate shut and she calmed down within 30 (VERY TERRIFYING TO ME) seconds to come to me when I called her. Come to find out from Diana, 4 horseflies landed simulaneously on her. She got the one off, but it flew under her belly and landed there. It was just too much for Jetta to handle. Thankfully (whew, the Lord had angels with her!), she is fine and none the worse for wear!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your second show! How scary about the horse flies!!!!
The pics are awesome! Such a beautiful girl! I love the way you did her mane.
Gotta love that drafty mindset. Klein can go ANYWHERE and be just fine. We had a little crowd at our first show when I unloaded her off the trailer. People saw a big horse in there and had gathered. The crowd was ooo'ing and ahh'ing and asking all kinds of questions and Klein stood there quiet as could be in a new place with a bunch of horses she'd never seen. She had that look like "Yeah, check me out...I know...I know." LOL
Every time I unload her at a new place she just looks around like "Hey, this isn't home..." and then looks for the first possible snacking opportunity.

in2paints said...

Awesome! I was wondering how your show went, and I'm thrilled to hear how well the two of you did. The pictures are beautiful as always! And I love the way you did her mane this time! You two are a very lovely pair.

I'm glad you got the gate closed before anything happened. What a scare that must have been for you! My mare hates flies too... she has very sensitive skin and you better look out if one of those big horseflies lands on her. Poor Jetta had 4 of them... I can only imagine!

Congratulations! When's the next show?? :-)

Britnie said...

Yeah!! I bet the judges comments really made you beam! She looks so lovely, I just love her eyes, I know I say that all the time, lol.

And PHEW on getting the gate shut. What a nightmare that would have been! Stoopid flies.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the show! Your mare is really cute. I just love seeing drafts in competition, gives me lots of inspiration for my young guy.
Michelle in California

Anonymous said...

Yay for your show results! Her mane looks FAB! Oh, man, I wish I had a nice drafty like her. :)